Hey folks, a quick update for you on the huge effort to make 10,000 sandwiches and get them to people who need them. It’s all coming together lightning-quick thanks to Eric Chaffin and his team from the Chaffin Luhana Foundation and my man, Marc Serrao. He’s the owner of the Oakmont Bakery where just about everything is taking place. In fact, today, he made this video to show you what’s happening in the kitchen.
This really is a team effort. The Chaffin Luhana Foundation is paying for the labor to get these sandwiches made, and some of the materials. Other businesses have stepped up as well… helping slice meat, donating cheese, lettuce, chips, milk. It’s just amazing.
Here’s the running list of other businesses and organizations that are helping out so far with discounts or donations:
- Nations Best Meat Wholesalers, Inc. – 3,000 pounds of deli meat
- Oakmont Deli – Help slicing meat
- Bird Dog’s Sports Bar – Help slicing meat
- Giant Eagle, Verona – Help slicing meat
- Utz Quality Foods – 10,000 bags of chips
- Turner Dairy Farms – 10,000 cartons of milk
- Sam’s Club, Tarentum – Lettuce
- Lamagna Cheese – 400 pounds of cheese
- Cellone’s Italian Bread Co. – 600 loaves of bread
- Audio Visual Production Solutions – Tent for distribution effort
- Tambellini Event Catering – Delivery truck for 412 Food Rescue distribution
***Please forgive if we’ve missed anyone in this growing list.***